Since our launch at the end of 2018, we’ve always had the same vision: facilitate the connection between individuals looking for work and the businesses or homeowners who are looking to hire. We always believed we were on to something. And today, with over 200,000 individual Workers registered for our Get Gigs hiring app, we feel more excited than ever to continue our journey.
So, what do these 200,000 Americans with Get Gigs accounts know that you don’t? Well, I may be biased, but I believe they’re early adopters in a radical shift we’re starting to experience when it comes to our conception of “work.”
The recent global pandemic has further accelerated this change. Millions of businesses have been forced to adapt to a new way of working, and most have made difficult decisions as Coronavirus spread across the United States.
With many employees transitioning to their “new normal” in fully dedicated work from home offices, and others displaced by furloughs and job cuts, it seems more important than ever to identify flexible and adaptable work solutions that will benefit both individuals and employers.
Which is exactly where GigSmart can help. With our Get Gigs app, you can instantly access part-time, full-time, and hourly job opportunities right in your area. Even better, you can add all of your relevant Skills to your Get Gigs Worker Profile so that anytime a new Gig is posted seeking those Skills, you’re instantly notified as soon as that Gig is available.
In addition to giving you an easy and free way to surface local, hourly job opportunities, the Get Gigs app comes with many other benefits:
- It’s free. That’s right. It doesn’t cost you anything to create your Worker profile so that you can start browsing open job opportunities in your vicinity.
- You can get paid as soon as you finish working. You heard that right. How many other jobs offer instant payouts? Once you setup your Worker Wallet, you’ll be able to choose Rapid Transfers to get your money into your hands faster.
- You can monetize ALL of your Skills. You’re more than one Skill. If you can do the work, we can help you get paid for it. Unlike other apps, GigSmart’s Get Gigs app gives you one easy place from which you can find and apply to Gigs of all types. We have warehouse Gigs, landscaping Gigs, residential Gigs, customer service GIgs, and more. With over 3,000 Skills to choose from in our app, you can find Gigs for virtually anything.
- You can use GigSmart while working other job(s). Have a free Saturday and want to make some extra money? No problem. With Get Gigs, you can pick up one shift or one hundred. You get to choose how often and when to work the Gigs that are most interesting to you. You can use it every day, during the Summer, or a few times a year.
- You’re insured. We’ve worked out the fine print so you don’t have to. All eligible GigSmart Workers are automatically protected by GigSmart’s insurance coverage every time they work a Gig through the Get Gigs app. If you get hurt, we’ll help you recover.
With so much uncertainty surrounding life as we know it, GigSmart’s Get Gigs app gives you a free and easy way to instantly browse local job opportunities, right from the palm of your hand. If you haven’t already signed up for your Get Gigs account, you can click here to download our mobile app from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
Signing up is easy, and you can finish setting up your Worker profile in a few minutes. Once you’ve added some basic information, including your relevant Skills, you’ll be able to start browsing part-time, full-time, and hourly jobs now hiring near you.
Still not convinced? That’s okay. Soon our 200,000 Workers will be 300,000, and then 500,000, and then… well, you get the point. So, do you want to be an early adopter or late to the party?