GigSmart Trust & Support Information
To protect our Workers, GigSmart has launched a Trust & Support program with benefits that may include Occupational Accident Insurance (OAI). You will see a $1.00 per hour fee on all gigs worked through the GigSmart app to cover these benefits.
All eligible GigSmart Workers are protected by Occupational Accident Insurance (OAI). OAI covers you as an independent contractor (1099 worker) in a similar manner to how workers’ compensation covers W-2 employees. This protects eligible Workers from having to pay for qualified medical expenses out-of-pocket in the unfortunate event they are injured on the job.
GigSmart offers Occupational Accident Insurance (OAI) to eligible GigSmart Workers through the On-Demand Independent Contractors Association (ODICA). The Association provides educational resources, unique services and products for independent contractors operating in the gig economy.
OAI provides benefits to eligible GigSmart Workers for covered injuries and fatalities that occur while providing on-demand services through the GigSmart Get Gigs app. Some of the benefits provided by the OAI policy include:
- Accidental Death Benefit: up to $10,000
- Survivor’s Benefit: up to $90,000 for eligible dependents
- Accidental Dismemberment Benefit: up to $100,000
- Paralysis Benefit: up to $100,000
- Temporary Total Disability Benefit: up to $500 a week
- Medical Expenses: up to $1,000,000 with no deductible or copay