Last Revised: 09/05/2018
If you do not agree to or with this Policy, please do not access or use the Platform.
Governing Law: GigSmart is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Platform or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Collection of Information
We are the sole owners of the information collected on the Platform. We only have access to and/or collect information that you voluntarily give to us. For example, we may collect information you provide when you create an account, create or edit your profile, upload content or comments, complete a registration, fill out a form or survey, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, subscribe to the Platform, pay for or accept payment for services, participate in interactive features of the Platform, connect or communicate with us via third-party social media sites, send us an email, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us or communicate with other users through the Platform. The types of information we may collect in this manner include basic contact information (e.g. name, email address, postal address, zip code, mobile number), location, demographic information, date of birth, insurance information, photographs, video, and credit card and other payment and bank information you provide to us. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us or used the Platform. We will not share your information with any third party outside of GigSmart, other than as necessary to facilitate the Platform Services provided or requested by you.
For example, we may use the information for the following:
To enable you to use the Services available through the Platform, including registration and verification of identity;
For internal recordkeeping purposes;
To improve and maintain the Platform;
To address fraud or safety concerns, investigate complaints or suspicious activities;
With your consent to contact you regarding the Platform features, improvements, or other special events;
Further research and/or analytical purposes; and
Resolve disputes, protect ourselves and other users of the Platform and enforce legal terms that govern the use of the Platform.
Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email or otherwise in the future to tell you about new products or Services, promotions, news about us, special events, or changes to this Policy.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Platform, we automatically collect information about you, including without limitation:
Log Information: We log information about your use of the Platform, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Platform. We do link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. We do this for many reasons, including, without limitation, to improve services, marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
Location Information: If you use a mobile app, we may request access to your mobile device’s location and collect information about your location if you provide your consent. This information will help us to make the Site and the Platform better for Users. This information also may be shared with our affiliates or non-affiliated third parties, if applicable. If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide location tracking information, you can disable the GPS function of your device. If you disable certain functions on your device, however, please know that you may be unable to use certain parts of the Platform. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
Typically, you can choose to accept or decline cookies. Generally, web browsers automatically accept cookies, but your browser may allow you to modify settings to decline cookies at your choice. If you disable cookies, please be aware that you may not be able to make full use of the Site and the Platform.
Third Party Contact Info: We may also collect third-party contact information if you permit the Platform to import such information or otherwise upload such information for your use within the Platform or so that you may invite your contacts to use the Platform or participate in other referral services. This information may include, but is not limited to, such third party’s name and basic contact info, as well as Facebook ID. We use this information only as described in this paragraph.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through the Platform. For example, we may collect information about you from other users, identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
If you log into your account through sign-in services like Facebook Connect, you provide GigSmart with permission to access certain information about you from Facebook or such other sign-in services, such as your Facebook User ID, user profile, friends list, user graph and profile picture.
Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Requesters and Workers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address email@example.com:
- See what data we have about you, if
- Change/correct any data we have about
- Have us delete any data we have about
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including without limitation to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Platform;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process payments and other transactions and send you related information, including without limitation confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by GigSmart and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Authenticate your identity and pre-populate forms;
- Monitor and analyze data, trends, usage and activities in connection with the Platform; measure the effectiveness of advertising, content, features and activities, and perform other data analytics;
- Personalize and improve the Platform and deliver and display targeted advertisements, content or features on the Platform and on other sites or apps that match your profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest and sweepstakes entries and rewards and verify eligibility;
- Attempt to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- For internal recordkeeping purposes;
- To address fraud or safety concerns, investigate complaints or suspicious activities;
- Resolve disputes, protect ourselves and other users of the Marketplace Platform and enforce legal terms that govern the use of the Marketplace Platform.
Sharing of Information
We may provide access to your information to Stripe, which will provide third-party billing services. As we may retain new service providers, we will seek assurances that they will not use your information in any manner other than to help us to provide you with the Services available on the Platform.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers, such as payment processors, who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With other users of the Platform, who will see your profile containing your first name, last initial, city, state and photograph, and if you are connected with such other users (either through the Platform or through Facebook), who will also see your full contact information (e.g. full name, email, mobile number and/or email address);
- If you choose to make certain information public or available to other users, such as by posting information in public or private forums or features on the Platform;(e.g. online forums, reviews, comments, blogs, and groups), such information will be available to other users and may be publicly available (depending on the settings or the forum or feature). To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at support@GigSmart.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, such as to comply with a subpoena, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation. If required by law to disclose your information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you unless we believe in our sole discretion that providing notice is prohibited by legal process itself or in our discretion, believe that providing notice could create a risk of injury or that injury or fraud could be directed to GigSmart or its users. We will attempt to provide the notice by email if you have given us an email address and if you do not challenge the request for the disclosure, we may be legally required to turn over your information;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies or that such sharing is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property and safety of GigSmart, its users, it employees, or others;
- As may be required or permitted pursuant to any applicable law, rule or regulation or court or administrative order;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company or upon liquidation of GigSmart; and
- Otherwise with your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Platform that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Please be aware that some information you provide will be publicly accessible. Your name may be visible to others and it may be attached to your profile and request for Services or offer to provide Services. For example, if you are a Requester seeking Services, the description you provide of your desired Services will be shown to some Workers listed in the relevant category along with your name. Therefore, other users may be able to identify you personally based upon the user content you provide in connection with the Services requested or to be provided. If you choose to post user content in connection with your profile on the Platform, be aware that such information may be or become publicly available, may be collected and used by third-parties without your and our knowledge, and may be used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your own privacy.
Social Sharing Features
The Platform may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” or “Share” button), which let you share actions you take in connection with the Platform with other media and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
If you choose to use our referral service, which is powered by a third party to tell others about our website, we will ask you for the email address of the referral party. We will automatically send the referral party a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. GigSmart stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. The referral party may contact us at support@GigSmart.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
GigSmart takes reasonable measures in an attempt to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, including, without limitation, encryption, passwords, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology or other security measures to protect your sensitive information, such as financial information, against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no data transmitted over or accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and GigSmart does not represent or warrant that your information will be completely secure, including, without limitation, from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network. If you have any questions about security with the Platform, you can contact us at support@GigSmart.com. You are advised and encouraged to take any and all necessary steps to protect against unauthorized access to your mobile devices, computers, and passwords by taking your own security measures, such as using a strong password, maintaining the privacy of user identification logins, not recycling passwords from other websites or accounts, and not sharing any of the foregoing with others. We are not responsible for the unauthorized use of your information, nor for any loss, stolen, or compromised user identification logins or passwords.
You may access, update or correct your profile information at any time by logging into your account. You may also request access or changes to the personal information we have on file for you by emailing GigSmart at support@GigSmart.com. Certain types of information, such as age, cannot be altered without GigSmart’s assistance. Please contact GigSmart at support@GigSmart.com to change such information. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, you may do so by visiting your account settings and closing your account, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. If you wish to terminate our access to your Facebook information, then login to Facebook and remove the App and Site from your list of applications.
The App may include a location feature whereby it will automatically collect your geolocation information if you provide your consent. In such event, the Platform will use and share such location to enable users to determine which users in their network are nearby. GigSmart may also use location information to provide information and advertising to users. IF YOU WANT TO STOP THE AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF YOUR LOCATION INFORMATION, YOU MAY DO SO BY USING THE PRIVACY SETTINGS IN THE APP AND/OR ON YOUR DEVICE AND/OR BY UNINSTALLING THE APP.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Platform.
We may send informational emails or text to you from time to time regarding GigSmart, the Platform, special events, promotions, additional Services, etc. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email or text. Please be advised that it may take up to ten (10) business days to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails, text or other information we send to you, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Our Site may contain third party advertising and links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of these advertisers or websites. Please contact such advertisers or websites directly for more information about their privacy practices. We hereby expressly disclaim, and you hereby expressly release us from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries, harm, loss and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to third party advertisers and/or the use of links to third party websites that may appear on the Platform, including, without limitation, such websites’ availability, privacy policies, content, advertising, and/or products or other materials.
Children Under 13
This Service is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. Parents: If you become aware that your child under 13 years of age has created an account or otherwise posted personal information through the Platform, please notify us at support@GigSmart.com so that we can take appropriate action. We may require verification of your identity.
Changes to this Policy