Looking to hire an hourly worker but not sure where to start? Luckily Get Workers simplifies this process. With workers available from coast to coast, the only “work” you’ll need to do to find great workers is create a Gig post. Crafting a compelling title and Gig description is essential to helping you attract the most qualified applicants. With hundreds of Gigs posted daily, a great description can help your post stand out from the rest.
The key to writing effective job descriptions is to find the perfect balance between providing enough detail so candidates understand the role and your company while keeping your description concise. We’ve compiled six sample Gig descriptions below to help guide you when it comes to creating a compelling Gig post of your own.
Choose a Concise Gig Title
To find quality applicants quickly, use clear and concise job titles. As the first thing workers see when deciding whether or not to apply to your Gig, it’s important to have an accurate and descriptive Gig title.
Targeted job titles are more effective than generic ones, so be precise by including key phrases that actually describe the role. Workers search on Get Gigs using keywords or titles of the jobs they’re looking for, so choosing the right Gig Title will make sure you are showing up on relevant searches time and time again.
Add a Detailed Gig Description
You can provide more details in the Gig description. We recommend outlining specific tasks, responsibilities of the Gig, requirements and qualifications, and arrival instructions in your Gig post. For example:
- What type of work the worker will be doing?
- Where the work will be taking place – is it inside or outside?
- Does the worker need to bring their own tools or uniform?
- Certifications and technical skills required for the role.
Common Industry Examples
Need help writing a Gig description for a specific shift? We’ve combed our apps to share some of the most popular Gig descriptions with you below. To jump to a specific post, click directly on the Gig Title that interests you most, or review them all to get inspired for a unique Gig post of your own:
- Warehouse Worker
- Delivery Driver
- Truck Driver
Gig Title: Warehouse Worker
- Receive stock from partners, verify that shipments are accurate and free of damage, and resolve inaccuracies.
- Place received stock in the appropriate locations throughout the warehouse.
- Picking, packing, and staging. Accurately pick items in customers’ orders, pack items in bags, and prepare bags for handoff to couriers.
- Conduct inventory counts, clean and organize the warehouse, manage spoilage processes, and help do whatever it takes to delight our customers with a high-quality experience.
- Heavy lifting, ability to lift 100 pounds repeatedly throughout the day.
- Must be on your feet for the duration of the shift
Gig Title: Delivery Driver
- Load and deliver items in a safe, timely manner.
- Review orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied.
- Load and unload items from vehicles.
- Preparing reports and other documents relating to deliveries.
- Must have a method of transportation (car, bike, scooter etc.).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Clean driving record.
Gig Title: Landscaper
- Care for lawns and plants
- Mow the grass and operate landscape trimmers and blowers
- Keep plants and flowers healthy by pruning, trimming, weeding, mulching, aerating, and fertilizing.
- Plant new grass and foliage following planned designs to create the yard as prescribed by the client and/or landscape designer.
- Conduct general maintenance such as cleaning walkways, fixing fountains, and monitoring sprinkler systems as necessary.
- Prior experience in a landscaping or groundskeeping role.
- Must be able to operate maintenance equipment.
- Wear a long sleeve shirt, pants, and work shoes.
Gig Title: Housekeeper
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
- Make beds and change linens
- Clean and stock bathrooms.
- Collect and dispose of trash.
- Experience with housekeeping.
- Knowledge of cleaning products. Bring your own, if you have them.
- Lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects over 50lbs.
- Attention to detail.
Gig Title: Carpenter
- Join drywall panels using tape and plaster.
- Layer plaster or spackle with trowels to create a flat surface.
- Sand down rough areas on the wall to create a smooth surface.
- Accurately measure, cut, and shape building materials.
- Analyze drawings to determine the structural dimensions of the framework to be constructed.
- Clean up worksite debris.
- Able to lift heavy materials and equipment, 50 lbs minimum.
- Prior carpentry experience.
- Able to read and adhere to labels, safety warnings, and guidelines.
- Attention to detail and always alert to ensure safety.
- Wear long pants, work boots, hand/eye protection, and a mask at all times.
Gig Title: Truck Driver
- Drive long distances to deliver goods to customers.
- Refuel and clean vehicle.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Inspect trucks and record issues – Responsible for basic vehicle maintenance; comply with all safe work practices, policies, and processes at all times.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Keep an activities log and log hours.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Plan routes using GPS systems.
- Get goods to the client on time.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver’s license up to date.
- Drive and operate trucks.
- Pick up goods and materials, verify loads for accuracy, and deliver them as instructed.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds repeatedly throughout the day.
- Pass random drug tests.
- Maintain a clean driving record.
- Obtain required licenses – CDL or non CDL.
Feeling inspired? If you are ready to hire, you can easily copy and paste an example Gig description above and post your Gig on Get Workers to start connecting with local applicants. If you don’t already have a Get Workers account, sign up for free here. No matter what type of workers you’re looking for, Get Workers is the easiest, fastest, and most cost-effective way to start hiring.