Whether you’re a delivery service looking for extra help on daily routes, or a trucking company in need of additional workers to cover line haul shifts, GigSmart can connect you with hourly, skilled workers to meet your business demands. As a Get Workers user, you have access to over 25,000 active CDL drivers who are ready to help at a moment’s notice and licensed to drive specialized types of vehicles including tractor trailers, semi-trucks, school buses or passenger buses.
What is GigSmart?
If you’re new to GigSmart, welcome! GigSmart is a hiring platform that instantly matches businesses that are hiring with individuals looking for work. With thousands of skilled CDL drivers already on our Get Workers app, you are just a few, easy steps away from finding and hiring drivers.
We’re a little biased, but we think GigSmart is the best way to find CDL drivers for your gigs. Here’s why:
- You’re in charge. You set the hourly rate for your workers, decide the number of people you need, and the date and time you need them. We match you with qualified professionals that align with the skills you list in your post. Once you accumulate a pool of applicants, you get to review potential workers and select who you hire.
- Before you hire, you can make sure applicants have training, license, certifications and meet the Department of Transportation requirements necessary.
- We can help you find workers right when you need them. You can schedule shifts up to 30 days in advance, or you can source ASAP workers if you need help immediately.
- You can add worker background or motor vehicle records (MVR) checks as a prerequisite to your application.
- Every worker you hire is protected by Occupational Accident Insurance (OAI) at no cost to you.
- Starting at just 15% of the hourly rate you set, our sourcing fees help you save money compared to other temporary hiring agencies or staffing platforms.
Create Your Get Workers Account
Next, you’ll need to create a free Gig post for to source workers for your CDL driving position(s). To get started, tap the “Create Gig” button.
GigSmart connects you to available workers via skills matching. We know every driving gig is a little different and may require various skill sets. You can get as broad or specific as you like with the types of skills you require your workers to have. These could include: Driver, CDL Driver, Heavy Truck Driver, Heavy and Tractor Trailer Driver, Logging Truck Driver, Truck Operator, Truck Loader, and more.
GigSmart is here to find you the CDL drivers you need. Complete all of the prompts to fill in the details of your gig. The more specific you can be, the better. At a minimum, we recommend including what equipment or tools to bring, what they should wear, and your customer service specifics. The information you provide on the gig post, is exactly what is shown to workers. These details helps workers determine whether or not they would like to apply to work your gig.
Wait For Applicants
While other solutions often use algorithms to find you workers, GigSmart gives you complete control over who you hire. You will be notified as soon as qualified hourly workers apply. You can review their profiles, their applicant questionnaires, and even use in-app messaging to confirm they meet your expectations and requirements. Once you find a worker you like, hire them. You can continue to use the in-app messaging and calling functionality to communicate with them until your trucking gig is completed.
Haul it, Drive it, Deliver it
Once the date of the gig arrives, you can use the Get Workers app to manage each temporary worker you hire. You’ll want to start their gig clock when they arrive at your job site. They can pause their clock at any time should they need to take a break for lunch or to rest. Once the job is completed, you’ll end the gig clock, which will take you to a Gig Summary screen. Here you can review all of the details of your gig, like the total time worked. If they did a great job, you can even add additional payment in the form of a tip.
Lastly, we’ll ask you to provide a worker rating (from 1-5 stars), and we’ll give you the option to leave additional comments about the worker that will be visible to the GigSmart community. To keep it fair, we’ll also ask each worker you hire to leave you a rating and review as well. These community ratings and reviews help people find the best worker or requester for future gigs.
Now that you’re familiar with the easiest way to find and hire temporary CDL drivers, are you ready to get started? Create your free Get Workers hiring account now to easily find, hire, and manage CDL drivers for all your transportation company’s needs.