The food service industry is dependent on great workers and exceptional service, from back-of-house food prep to front-of-house hosts and servers. To deliver, you need first-class restaurant staff. Your workers are a huge asset, but hiring and retaining talent remains one of the biggest challenges of running a successful restaurant.
Whether you’re a fine dining bistro looking for a sous chef, a popular restaurant chain in need of additional front-of-the-house staff, a catering company looking for additional servers, or a pizza chain looking for delivery drivers, GigSmart can connect you with hourly, skilled food and beverage professionals to meet your business needs.
What is Get Workers?
Get Workers instantly matches businesses that are hiring with individuals looking for work. There are thousands of food service and hospitality workers already on Get Workers, who are ready to help at a moment’s notice. Here are 5 good reasons to try Get Workers today:
- You’re in charge. You set the pay rate for your workers, decide the number of people you need, and the date and time you need them. We match you with qualified professionals that align with the position and qualifications you list in your post. Once you accumulate a pool of applicants, you review potential workers and select who to hire.
- Find certificated, background-checked workers. Before you hire, you can make sure applicants have the required training, license, or certifications to meet your needs. You can also add worker background or motor vehicle records (MVR) checks as a prerequisite to your application.
- Source workers ASAP. We can help you find workers right when you need them. You can schedule shifts up to 30 days in advance, or you can source ASAP workers if you need help immediately. Get Workers can source applicants within minutes and have a worker on-site in under an hour.
- Protect your workers. Every worker you hire is protected by Occupational Accident Insurance (OAI) at no cost to you.
- Pay the lowest fees in the industry. GigSmart’s low sourcing fees help you save money compared to other temporary hiring agencies or staffing platforms.
Create a Get Workers Account
If you haven’t already, create a Get Workers account by visiting getworkers.gigsmart.com or downloading our mobile apps for iOS or Android. Next, you’ll need to create a free Shift Gig post to source workers for your restaurant position(s).
When creating a new Shift Gig, you will be prompted to select a Restaurant Position (Cook, Hostess, Bartender, Food Server, Dishwasher, Delivery Driver, etc) and any relevant Qualifications for the Shift. This will more accurately match you with qualified candidates that have the right experience and qualifications aligned to your specific needs.
Wait For Applicants
GigSmart gives you full control over your hiring experience on the platform. Set the pay rates, handpick your workers, or let our cutting-edge hiring technology do the hard work for you. You will be notified as soon as qualified workers apply. You can review their profiles and ratings and reviews and even use in-app messaging to confirm the worker meets your expectations. Once you feel confident it is time to hire.
Cook it, Shake it, Serve it
Once the date of the Shift Gig arrives, you can use the GigSmart platform to easily manage each worker you hire. You’ll want to start their Gig Clock when they arrive at your job site. They can pause their clock at any time should they need to take a break for lunch or to rest. Once the job is completed, you’ll end their Gig Clock, which will take you to a Shift Gig Summary screen. Here you can review all of the details of your Shift. If they did a great job, you can even add additional payment in the form of a tip.
Lastly, we’ll ask you to provide a worker rating (from 1-5 stars), and we’ll give you the option to leave additional comments about the worker. We also ask each worker you hire to leave you a rating and review as well. These community ratings and reviews help people find the best worker or requester for future Gigs.
When it comes to opening a restaurant smoothly and running it successfully, temporary restaurant staff can help you run the show. GigSmart makes it easy to find, hire, and manage workers for all your restaurant’s needs.