Twenty-five years ago, I was a student at the University of Cincinnati. I remember calling for a cab in preparation for a fun night out on the town. The cab company said, “We’ll be there in an hour.” We waited for the cab.
I met my wife when I was 28. It took years of visiting churches, bars, etc., to find her. I actually met her at a Bengals – Browns game. My dad pointed out a sharp group of girls three rows in front of us. A couple of drinks later, I was sitting in the row asking for her number.
Not long ago, if we were craving our favorite food of choice, we had to go to the restaurant to satisfy that craving.
As my 10-year-old daughter would say, “Those were the old days.”
Today, people around the world are arranging transportation within minutes on their phone. Swiping left and right, people find love within minutes on their phones. People could also have their favorite food delivered for dinner within minutes on their phones.
What if there was an app that got you volunteering within minutes? Earning real-life work experience in your field of choice within minutes? Earning flexible income around your busy schedule within minutes?
GigSmart has accomplished just that.
GigSmart is an on-demand mobile platform that connects students to businesses and charities seeking workers and volunteers.
Need to make extra cash?
- Whether it be retail, restaurants, construction, professional business services, customer service or vocational trades, our platform has over 3,000 preloaded job titles to utilize in building your profile to showcase your skills
- Update your status to ‘available’ to start receiving gig requests from businesses and charities
- Only accept the gigs you want to work on
Do you have service hour requirements that need to be filled?
- Be sure to mark ‘volunteer’ as a skill within your profile
- Update your status to ‘available’
- Accept volunteer requests around your busy schedule
By downloading GigSmart’s Worker application, you will have:
- Control to set your own pay rates
- No lengthy interviews or job vetting
- Unlimited access to the types of gigs you want
- Built-in work history with reviews to enhance your résumé
- Payment directly through the app when you are done
GigSmart’s Worker app is coming soon to both the Apple and Google Play store.
Written by: Rich Oakes, Executive Vice President of GigSmart