Verified Gig FAQs:
What is Checkr?
Checkr is a third-party company that processes Worker background checks and motor vehicle records checks. As such, any issues with Worker verification need to be resolved by Checkr (not GigSmart). To learn more about Checkr, visit their website.
What is a background checked Worker?
Background checked workers are Workers over the age of 18 who have passed a Checkr background check.
What is a MVR checked Worker?
MVR checked workers are Workers over the age of 18 who possess a valid drivers license and have passed a Checkr MVR check.
Who can participate in a background check?
Background checks are available to Workers over the age of 18 in all 50 US states and the District of Columbia.
Who can participate in an MVR check?
MVR checks are available to drivers over the age of 18 with a license issued in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
MVR checks are NOT available to driver’s with licenses issued from the following states: Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia.
What is searched as part of a background check?
Workers who pass a Checkr background check will have had no issues with the following:
- Social Security Number (SSN) Trace
- Confirms the SSN is valid with a matching state and year of issuance. The search also confirms this person is not on the national death index.
- Sex Offender Registry
- Searches sex offender registries in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Any known sex offender matching the applicant is listed, with identifying information, as well as the details of the offense(s) depending on the state or reporting jurisdiction.
- Global Watchlist Search
- Searches various US and international government watch lists, such as the Office of Foreign Asset Control, Interpol, and Specially Designated Nationals.
- National Criminal Database Search
- Searches multi-jurisdictions across many sources including national security sources, numerous federal databases, and arrest and criminal data from local, county, and state agencies. If a match is found on the National Criminal Database, Checkr will perform a County Criminal Search (single county) in the county the charge is located in.
- To see the detailed breakdown of what charges and at what severity results can be triggered, please view the background check adjudication matrix.
What is searched as part of a motor vehicle records check?
Workers who pass an MVR check will have had no issues with the following:
- Searches to report on the status of an operator’s driving privileges, including restrictions, date of expiration, license type and class, endorsements, suspensions or revocations, DUI history, moving violations, or accidents for the state where the applicant’s license is issued.
- The following MVR incidents are reviewed as part of the MVR adjudication matrix. The operator must have:
- No more than one moving violation in the past three years AND no more than one accident in the past three years.
- No more than two accidents in the past three years.
- No more than two moving violations in the past three years (e.g. failure to stop at a stop sign, following too closely, improper passing).
- No cell phone or distracted driving violation in the past three years.
- No major violation (e.g. DUI, speeding 40+ mph over the limit) in the past five years.
- Age of 18 or older.
- Violations typically remain on the MVR report for three years, although convictions for serious offenses may be reported for five years or more, depending on the state.
Why does my Worker show “Checking Availability?”
GigSmart is confirming the availability of the hired Worker. Once confirmed, the Worker’s status will automatically update to hired.
What are the Gig fees associated with Gigs and Gig Add-Ons?
GigSmart offers the lowest staffing fees of any hiring platform in the industry. Standard Gigs are subject to a fee of 15% of the total Worker’s compensation.
Below you’ll see a breakdown of the fees for all Gig types:
- Standard Gigs (No Add-Ons)
- Fee: 15%
- Flat Minimum fee: $10 Gig fee applies to Gigs totaling less than $67.00.
- Background Check Add-On
- Fee: 25%
- Minimum: $25 Gig fee applies to Gigs totaling less than $100.00.
- MVR Check Add-On
- Fee: 20%
- Minimum: $25 Gig fee applies to Gigs totaling less than $125.00
- Background Check and MVR Check Add-Ons
- Fee: 30%
- Minimum: $40 Gig fee applies to Gigs totaling less than $133.00.