GigSmart started as a location based, two-sided marketplace serving the gig economy’s same-day labor needs. To most accurately and quickly connect our two user groups — businesses looking for temporary labor and individuals looking for work — we launched with two native mobile apps: Get Workers and Get Gigs. We chose mobile as our primary platform because we wanted to leverage all of mobile’s great capabilities, like having the ability to send instant communication through push notifications and accessing users’ real-time location updates.
Since launching our mobile apps in December of 2018, we’ve been fortunate enough to experience tremendous user growth. In addition to helping business find same-day labor, we also offer the ability to schedule Workers up to 30-days in advance. As we continue to evolve as a leading provider of temporary labor, we’re expanding beyond our Get Workers mobile app to offer our business users a responsive web app, available anywhere you have Internet access. Now you can create Gigs, hire Workers, and manage Workers, all from the convenience of your favorite device, whether it’s your desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone.
Available at getworkers.gigsmart.com, GigSmart’s web app gives businesses an even faster and easier way to enjoy all of the great functionality that was once only available in the Get Workers mobile app. If you think it looks familiar, that’s because it does. We designed it to look and function exactly like its mobile counterpart.
So if you’re one of the growing number of businesses interested in leveraging gig workers this year, we’d love to help you find your next Worker. It’s very easy to get started; you can create a free GigSmart hiring account in a matter of minutes.
Once you’ve logged in, you’ll want to create your first free Gig post. If you’d like some help with that, keep reading this blog post to learn how (it’s very easy). When you’re done, you’ll be well on your way to receiving qualified, temporary Worker applications — kickstarting your journey to stress-free staffing.
Find Your Next Temporary Worker with GigSmart
Create an Online Hiring Account
If you haven’t already, you’ll need to create your free hiring account by providing a few personal details.
Create a New Gig (it’s free!)
Once you’ve created your account, you can create your first Gig. Select the orange “Create a New Gig” button to get started.
Add Worker Skills
Select a Category: Workers are matched to Gigs by Skill. Click a Skills Category or use the search bar to find related skills for your Gig.
Select Skills: Once you’ve selected a Skills Category, you’ll see specific Skills that belong to that Category. Select up to 10 relevant skills for your Gig.
Review Selected Skills: Adding multiple skills increases your chances of getting more Workers. Once you’ve added all of the relevant Skills, click Next.
Choose a Payment Type
Select a Payment Type: Next, you’ll be asked to select a payment type for your Gig. You can choose Hourly Pay or Volunteer.
- Volunteer Gig: Volunteer Gigs are free to post. Selecting a Volunteer Gig does not prompt you to enter any additional payment info.
- Add an Hourly Rate: Add an hourly rate for your Gig. This rate will be paid to each Worker based on the time they work. You can also add your credit card information in this step.
Add the Gig Address
Add Address: Please provide the address where the Gig will take place. This address will remain completely private until you hire Workers for your Gig.
Add the Gig Date
Schedule a Gig Date: Select the date for your Gig. You can schedule Gigs up to 30 days in advance. Once you’ve selected your Gig date, click “Next.”
Add the Gig Start Time & End Time
Do You Need Workers to Start ASAP?
- Yes: If your Gig start date is today, the app will ask you if you need Workers ASAP. If you toggle yes, the start time will be set to “As Soon As Possible.”
- No: If your Gig start date is today but is further out than one hour, or your Gig start date is up to 30 days beyond today, you’ll be prompted to enter your Gig start time and end time. Gigs can be up to 12 total hours in length.
Add the Gig Information
Add a Gig Title: Add a title to your Gig. This will be the first thing Workers see, so make it as relevant as possible.
Add a Gig Description: Add more details including what the Worker should wear or bring. Provide as much information as you can to reduce the number of questions from Gig applicants.
Add Optional Gig Photos: Add relevant photos such as examples of appropriate uniforms, photos of the job site, or photos of Gig equipment being provided.
Choose Your Gig Add-Ons
Add Add-Ons: There are three different Gig Add-Ons:
- Insured Workers (Required): This required Add-On covers every Worker you hire with Occupational Accident Insurance (OAI). OAI is similar to Workman’s compensation in that it covers you from potential risk should a GigSmart independent contractor be injured while working your Gig. This Add-On is included at no additional cost to you!
- Background Checked Workers: Add this optional Add-On if you’d like to hire background-checked Workers for your Gig.
- Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) Checked Workers: Add this add-on if you’d like to hire motor vehicle records checked Workers for your Gig.
Remove Add-Ons: Once added, you can remove an optional Gig Add-On by clicking the blue “Remove” text next to the Add-On you wish to remove.
Select How You’d Like to Find Workers for the Gig
Select a Gig Type: There are two ways to find Workers. Select the method you’d like to use for your Gig.
- Post: Click “Post” if you want Workers with matching skills to be able to apply for your Gig. As Workers apply, you’ll be able to review and hire the ones you want.
- Invite Only: Click “Invite Only” if you want to be able to search for and invite specific Workers to your Gig. Once an invited Worker accepts their invitation, they will automatically be hired for your Gig. “Invite Only” is not available for Gigs with Gig Add-Ons.
Review & Edit the Gig
Review: Do all of your Gig details look correct? If yes, click “Post Gig” or “Save Info” to publish your Gig.
Edit: Need edits? Click the edit icon to make changes. After updating, click “Post Gig” or “Save Info” to publish your Gig.
Your Gig is Posted: Congratulations, your Gig is now live! Posted Gigs will be available for matching Workers to apply to, and Invite Only Gigs will show you matching Workers you can hire.
We help you find vetted and insured temporary Workers fast!
Armed with your free hiring account, there’s really no reason not to give GigSmart a try. We’re confident our hiring platform can help you find temporary Workers who are insured and vetted (background or motor vehicle records checked) faster and at a fraction of the cost of other staffing solutions in the marketplace.
Sound too good to be true? Our dedicated staffing support team is standing by to help you find your next Gig Worker. Contact us directly or create your free hiring account online to get started today.