Worker Code of Conduct & Cancellation Policy
As a rapidly growing technology company providing real-time solutions to help businesses and individuals hire on-demand Workers, we rely heavily on our Worker community. After all, we wouldn’t be able to help our Requesters find Workers if we didn’t have such a strong labor pool.
Therefore, we expect all of our Workers to be reliable, communicate efficiently, and deliver excellent quality work as part of their use of the Get Gigs app.
In addition, all Workers agree to the GigSmart Terms and Conditions as part of their use of our platform. These Terms and Conditions provide our Workers with clear expectations while ensuring that our Requesters have access to the best Workers possible.
To help keep Workers accountable by reducing cancellations and no-shows, GigSmart utilizes a Warning Point System. Negative experiences can result in receiving warning points which can lead to removal from scheduled Gigs, restrictions from applying for future Gigs, and potential removal from the platform.
How to get Warning Points
GigSmart Workers will receive 1 warning point for the following:
- Canceling a Gig you have been hired for within 24 hours of the Gig start time.
- Canceling 3 or more Gigs you have been hired for (regardless of how close the cancellation was to Gig start time) in a rolling 30-day period.
- Receiving a Requester rating on a completed Gig of 3 stars or less.
GigSmart Workers will receive 3 warning points for the following:
- No showing or canceling a Gig within six hours of the Gig start time.
What happens when you get Warning Points
Receiving Warning Points will result in the following actions:
- Within a rolling 30-day period:
- If a Worker totals 3 Warning Points, the Worker will be removed from all scheduled Gigs and they will be unable to apply to future Gigs for seven days.
- If a Worker totals 5 Warning Points, the Worker will be removed from all scheduled Gigs and they will be unable to apply to future Gigs for 30 days.
- Within a rolling 180-day period:
- If a Worker totals 10 Warning Points, the Worker will be removed from all scheduled Gigs and the Worker will be unable to apply for any future Gigs indefinitely.
Each time a Worker completes a Gig, the person or business hiring the Worker is asked to provide a rating.
Ratings are based on the following 5-star scale:
- 5 stars: Great job! The Requester was very happy with the quality of work and will likely hire the Worker again.
- 4 stars: Good job. The Requester is happy with the work, but did see some room for improvement. They will probably hire the Worker again.
- 3 stars: Unsatisfactory. The Requester had an issue with reliability, timeliness, and/or quality of work. A GigSmart employee will reach out to the Worker to discuss ways to help the Worker improve.
- 2 stars: Poor. The Requester was not happy with the quality of work and would not hire the Worker again. A GigSmart employee will reach out to the Worker to discuss ways to help the Worker improve.
- 1 star: Unacceptable. The Requester was extremely dissatisfied with the work completed, will not hire the Worker again, and has escalated the concern to a GigSmart staffing support team member.
The benefits of Worker Ratings
The rating and review process was created to also help our community of Workers. Requesters review Worker cancellation rates, work experiences, and average Worker rating when deciding which Workers to hire for their Gigs. Workers providing high-quality work will have this reflected as part of their Worker profile, helping them get hired more often, and ultimately earning them more money.
If you have any questions about the Worker Cancellation Policy, Warning Points, or the GigSmart Rating and Review system, a member of our team would be happy to help.
Please contact us and we’ll make sure we follow up with you right away.