Still have questions?
We have answers.
Posted gigs allow a Requester to post a gig that Workers can apply to if it matches their skills and availability. It allows the Requester to pick the perfect applicant for the gig.
ASAP Gigs are gigs that Requesters need filled as quickly as possible. These are on-demand gigs. You will only receive notifications for ASAP gigs if you are marked as “Available”. Scheduled gigs are gigs that Requesters need filled anywhere from a few hours to 30 days after the request goes out.
There are several ways to apply to Posted Gigs
- Through the home screen
- On the home screen map, select the blue GigSmart map pins
- Go to the "Home" tab and select the "Apply to Gigs" button on the top of the screen
- In the "Gigs" section
- Select the "Available" tab
- View the list of available Posted Gigs in your area and select the Gigs that match your skills and availability
- Push notifications
- When you receive a push notification, select it to be routed into the app
- Select the banner at the top of the screen to view the gig posting
When you create your account, you will be prompted to verify your mobile number via an SMS confirmation code.
Are you sure you want to delete your account? We cannot reactivate it once deleted. You must have an account to be available for Gigs. If you want to permanently delete your account, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know why you’re deleting your account – if there’s anything we can do to make your experience on GigSmart better, we want to know!
Having a profile that's complete helps improve your chances of getting a Gig offer. As a Worker, make sure to fill out as many profile categories with as much information as possible. Note that at the top of your profile, you will be able to see your profile strength.
No. We want you to have every opportunity to build a history of reviews. Since reviews cannot be added to your account until a Gig has been completed, only legitimate reviews are added to your profile.
No. Failing to accept a Gig has no effect on future Gig offers. However, the more Gigs you do and the higher overall rating you have may result in receiving more requests.
GigSmart is the fastest way to find available, temporary Gigs near you. To get started, create your free Get Gigs account by downloading our native iOS or Android Get Gigs mobile app. Once you have an account, you can browse open Gigs across 3,000 Worker skills. You'll automatically receive notifications of Gigs matching your skill set as they become available. If you need help using the Get Gigs app, or would like more information, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Make sure you have entered your email address correctly. If you are unable to remember your current password and have signed up for an account using an email address, follow these steps: Open the app, tap the "Sign Up To Get Workers" button, tap the "Log In" button, tap "Forgot Password", enter the email address associated with your account, tap "Continue", navigate to your inbox and open the "Reset Your GigSmart Get Workers Password" email, click the link in the email, enter a new password and then confirm the new password, tap "Change Password". If you still have issues after that, simply contact our team at email@example.com.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone from the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
To upload your profile picture, follow these steps
- Select the "Profile" tab
- Select the "About Me" section
- Select the orange camera icon and specify if you would like to take a new picture or choose an existing image
- Select the image you would like to use as your profile picture. The image will load into the profile image circle
- If editing your existing profile picture, select the "Save Changes" button.
- Sign in to your account
- Select "Profile" in the bottom right corner
- Select the category within your profile that you would like to edit
- Edit the information accordingly. For example, to update your mobile number
- • Select the "About Me" category
- • Select the mobile number
- • Update as necessary
- • Select the "Save Changes" button to save your information
GigSmart is everywhere you are. However, Workers and Requesters in your city may not be familiar with these great apps. Everyone who signs up increases local awareness and helps to build a critical mass of Workers and Requesters. Sign up now and let us know you’re out there.
Yes. You may create both an individual and business Requester account. If you would like to have multiple Requester accounts, you will need to provide a unique email address for each.
Both. Businesses and individuals are GigSmart Requesters. In addition, GigSmart allows organizations seeking volunteers to utilize the GigSmart app at NO COST, giving Workers the opportunity to volunteer or work for philanthropic causes. GigSmart’s goal is to provide the broadest range of opportunities to individuals looking for work. If you receive a Gig notification from a Requester you would rather not work for, simply decline the offer. Declines have no impact on your ability to receive future offers.
GigSmart is a software development company specializing in providing on-demand staffing solutions for the growing gig economy. GigSmart's two-sided hiring platform connects businesses who are looking for temporary labor with individuals who are looking for work. The GigSmart Get Workers app allows companies to find local Workers and hire them on-demand. The GigSmart Get Gigs mobile app helps Workers apply for and complete work.
Following the Gig request and acceptance, both parties have the ability to contact each other via in-app messaging. The address for the Gig will be available to the Worker after they have been hired for the Gig.
Report any message that goes against GigSmart’s content policies and guidelines by contacting us at email@example.com. Report a message if you notice any of the following A Requester asking for personal information that you normally wouldn’t share, a Requester asking you to contact or forward money to an outside party, a Requester asking you to wire funds via Western Union, MoneyGram, or another wire service, a Requester who uses a different email address or phone number other than the one they shared in their request, a Requester asking you to provide a different payment method than the one you provided, an offer to pay more for your services to allow you to pay other professionals.
GigSmart monitors your location to notify you of Gigs in your area. Your location monitoring can be turned off at any time, however, the app will be unable to notify you of Gig offers.
The Requester does not have access to your contact information until you accept a Gig offer. At that time, the Requester may contact you by phone or text.
Report any message that goes against GigSmart’s content policies and guidelines by contacting us at support@GigSmart.com. Report a message if you notice any of the following: A Worker asking for personal information that you normally wouldn’t share, a Worker asking you to contact or forward money to an outside party, a Worker asking you to wire funds via Western Union, MoneyGram, or another wire service, a Worker who uses a different email address or phone number other than the one they shared in their request, a Worker asking you to provide a different credit card than the one you provided.
To ensure your GigSmart account is secure, follow these best practices to be proactive
- Select a strong, complex password that contains 1 number, 1 special character, 1 capital letter and is at least 8 characters.
- Change your password every few months.
- Don't use the same password for all of your accounts.
- Pick a unique password.
- Never give your passwords to others.
- Be wary of suspicious links, even if they come from someone you know.
- Report any inappropriate content or safety concerns you see so that GigSmart can be as vigilant as possible.
To change your password, follow these steps
- Sign in to your account
- Select the profile icon
- Select the "Account Settings" profile category
- Enter your current password, enter a new password, and then confirm the new password
- Select "Save Changes"
- Open the application (Get Workers)
- Select the "Log In/Create Account" button
- Select the "Log In" button
- Select "Forgot Password"
- Enter the email address associated with your account
- Select "Continue"
- Navigate to your inbox and open the "Reset Your GigSmart Get Gigs Password" email
- Select the link in the email
- Enter a new password and then confirm the new password
- Select "Change Password"
GigSmart utilizes the Stripe Payment System to process all credit card payments made within the application. Stripe is a premier payment processing service. Credit card information is not stored within the GigSmart app. Instead, Stripe stores it in their secure credit card vault. For more information regarding Stripe, please visit their website at www.stripe.com.
GigSmart is available for both iOS and Android devices and can be directly downloaded via their respective app stores. Should you have any questions or concerns downloading the app, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
When you create your account, you will be prompted to verify your mobile number via an SMS confirmation code.
Checkr is a third-party company that processes Worker background checks and motor vehicle records checks. As such, any issues with Worker verification need to be resolved by Checkr (not GigSmart). To learn more about Checkr, visit their website.
MVR checks are available to drivers over the age of 18 with a license issued in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. MVR checks are NOT available to driver’s with licenses issued from the following states: Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia.
GigSmart processes a Worker’s Verification right before the Worker is hired for a Verified Gig.
Workers who pass a Checkr background check will have had no issues with the following:
Workers who pass an MVR check will have had no issues with the following:
- Searches to report on the status of an operator’s driving privileges
- The following MVR incidents are reviewed as part of the MVR adjudication matrix. The operator must have:
- No more than one moving violation in the past three years AND no more than one accident in the past three years
- No more than two accidents in the past three years
- No more than two moving violations in the past three years (e.g. failure to stop at a stop sign, following too closely, improper passing)
- No cell phone or distracted driving violation in the past three years
- No major violation (e.g. DUI, speeding 40+ mph over the limit) in the past five years
- Age of 18 or older
As part of Verification Opt-In, Workers can request to receive a copy of their Checkr results. GigSmart receives every result. Requesters will NOT be able to see any verification result; however, Workers hired for Gigs with Gig Add-Ons will have passed one or both of the verification checks.
After completing your first gig, you will be prompted to enter your bank account or debit card information. The financial information provided is used solely to direct deposit funds into your account once a gig is complete. This process takes place automatically within five business days after completing your first gig, and two business days for all gigs thereafter. GigSmart works with Stripe as its payment processor. All information remains confidential and GigSmart does not have access to your financial information. For more information regarding Stripe, please visit their website at www.stripe.com
GigSmart is completely FREE for Workers. No additional fees or deductions will be taken from your earnings.
As an independent contractor, taxes will not be withheld from your pay. You are responsible for keeping track of your income and reporting your income earned on your tax return while using the GigSmart app. You may be subject to quarterly payment estimates and should discuss this with your tax advisor.
No, you will not receive a W2 from the businesses, charities, or individuals that you work for by accepting a Gig request through the GigSmart app because you would not be classified as an employee of the business, charity, or individual. For more information, see IRS Publication 15 and/or 15-A.
No, you will not receive Form 1099-MISC for payments facilitated by the GigSmart app. Refer to IRC 6041, which states that payors are not required to file the informational return Form 1099-MISC with respect to payment transactions because the transaction is a third party network transaction, facilitated by the GigSmart app, which is subject to reporting under IRC 6050W, not the traditional 1099-MISC reporting under 6041.
No, the amount paid to you by the Requester will be equal to the time worked multiplied by the hourly rate. Both parties have the ability to end the Gig at any time and complete the transaction.
Once you're hired for a Gig, the Requester's contact information will become available on the app and you are able to call and text.
After you have accepted a Gig
- Select the "En Route" button when you are on your way to the gig site.
- Once at the gig site, confirm you have arrived. This will notify the Requester that you have arrived and are ready to start work.
- Once the Requester confirms your arrival, they will then start the time clock.
Since GigSmart does not vet Requesters who present themselves on the GigSmart Requester app, it is very important the Workers take the time to rate the Requesters once a Gig has been completed. Be professional, objective, and candid in your feedback. This way, the app will provide the information Workers need to make informed decisions regarding accepting a Gig from a Requester. A standard guide is as follows
- 5 stars = Excellent work environment, management, training, and communication that generally exceeded expectations
- 4 stars = Good work environment, management, training, and communication that fully met expectations
- 3 stars = Satisfactory work environment, management, training, and communication that generally met expectations
- 2 stars = Poor work environment, management, training, and communication that did not meet expectations
- 1 star = Unacceptable work environment, management, training, or communication. Unprofessional behavior or attitude.
Once you have accepted a Gig, you should make every effort to arrive at the Gig site on time. If circumstances require you to cancel the Gig after you have accepted, it is very important to cancel at the earliest possible time to inform the Requester and allow them the opportunity to find a replacement. Although there is no monetary penalty, if you are not sure you can make the Gig, GigSmart recommends that you do not accept it.
When a Worker is offered a Gig, they will receive a device notification, in-app notification, text message, and email. Make sure your notification settings are turned on to receive all Gig notifications. Once you receive a Gig request, you will have a limited amount of time to accept the Gig. If it is not accepted within the allotted time window, the Gig request will automatically be declined. Once you have reviewed the details of the Gig, click “Accept” or “Reject”.
No. We want you to have every opportunity to build a history of reviews. Since reviews cannot be added to your account until a gig has been completed, only legitimate reviews are added to your profile.