Still have questions?
We have answers.
GigSmart is an on-demand mobile application that connects Workers and Requesters.
Workers can connect with businesses, charities, and individuals in need of their skills immediately or up to 30 days in advance for a short period of time (less than 12 hours).
Requesters can request workers with specific skills immediately or up to 30 days in advance for a short period of time (less than 12 hours).
- Download the GIGSMART Get Gigs application from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android)
- Create an account using an email address and phone number
- Add your skills
- Fill out your profile
- Make yourself available to receive gig offers and once requested:
- Accept the gig
- Travel to the gig site
- Start working
- At the end of the gig, get paid and rate the Requester
- Mark your calendar for the gig date and time
- Travel to the gig site
- Start working
- At the end of the gig, get paid and rate the Requester
GigSmart is everywhere you are. However, Workers and Requesters in your city may not be familiar with these great apps. Everyone who signs up increases local awareness and helps to build a critical mass of Workers and Requesters. Sign up now and let us know you’re out there.
- GigSmart is completely FREE for Workers. No additional fees or deductions will be taken from your earnings.
GigSmart is available for both iOS and Android devices, and can be directly downloaded via their respective app stores. Should you have any questions or have technical difficulties downloading the app, please email email@example.com.
Both. Businesses and individuals are GigSmart Requesters. In addition, GigSmart allows organizations seeking volunteers to utilize the GigSmart app at NO COST, giving workers the opportunity to volunteer or work for philanthropic causes. GigSmart’s goal is to provide the broadest range of opportunities to individuals looking for work. If you receive a gig notification from a Requester you would rather not work for, simply decline the offer. Declines have no impact on your ability to receive future offers.
While you may create multiple GIGSMART Get Gigs accounts with unique email addresses, your Ratings & Reviews and other profile-strengthening qualities cannot be shared between accounts.
After completing your first gig, you will be prompted to enter your bank account or debit card information. The financial information provided is used solely to direct deposit funds into your account once a gig is complete. This process takes place automatically within five business days after completing your first gig, and two business days for all gigs thereafter. GigSmart works with Stripe as its payment processor. All information remains confidential and GigSmart does not have access to your financial information. For more information regarding Stripe, please visit their website at www.stripe.com
Your debit card/bank account information is very secure. GigSmart utilizes the Stripe Payment System to process all debit card/bank account payments made within the application. Stripe is a premier payment processing service. Debit card/bank account information is not stored within the GigSmart app. Instead, Stripe stores it in their secure debit card/bank account vault. For more information regarding Stripe, please visit their website at www.stripe.com
No, you will not receive Form 1099-MISC for payments facilitated by the GigSmart app.
Refer to IRC 6041, which states that payors are not required to file the informational return Form 1099-MISC with respect to payment transactions because the transaction is a third party network transaction, facilitated by the GigSmart app, which is subject to reporting under IRC 6050W, not the traditional 1099-MISC reporting under 6041.
No, you will not receive a W2 from the businesses, charities, or individuals that you work for by accepting a gig request through the GigSmart app because you would not be classified as an employee of the business, charity, or individual. For more information, see IRS Publication 15 and/or 15-A.
As an independent contractor, taxes will not be withheld from your pay. You are responsible for keeping track of your income and reporting your income earned on your tax return while using the GigSmart app. You may be subject to quarterly payment estimates and should discuss this with your tax advisor.
When a Worker is offered a gig, they will receive a device notification, in-app notification, text message, and email. Make sure your notification settings are turned on to receive all gig notifications. Once you receive a gig request, you will have a limited amount of time to accept the gig. If it is not accepted within the allotted time window, the gig request will automatically be declined. Once you have reviewed the details of the gig, click “Accept” or “Reject”.
No. Failing to accept a gig has no effect on future gig offers. However, the more gigs you do and the higher overall rating you have, may result in receiving more requests.
Once you have accepted a gig, you should make every effort to arrive at the gig site on time. If circumstances require you to cancel the gig after you have accepted, it is very important to cancel at the earliest possible time to inform the Requester and allow them the opportunity to find a replacement. Although there is no monetary penalty, if you are not sure you can make the gig, GigSmart recommends that you do not accept it.
Since GigSmart does not vet Requesters who present themselves on the GigSmart Requester app, it is very important the Workers take the time to rate the Requesters once a gig has been completed. Be professional, objective, and candid in your feedback. This way, the app will provide the information Workers need to make informed decisions regarding accepting a gig from a Requester.
A standard guide is as follows:
- 5 stars = Excellent work environment, management, training, and communication that generally exceeded expectations.
- 4 stars = Good work environment, management, training, and communication that fully met expectations.
- 3 stars = Satisfactory work environment, management, training, and communication that generally met expectations.
- 2 stars = Poor work environment, management, training, and communication that did not meet expectations.
- 1 star = Unacceptable work environment, management, training, or communication. Unprofessional behavior or attitude.
No. We want you to have every opportunity to build a history of reviews. Since reviews cannot be added to your account until a gig has been completed, only legitimate reviews are added to your profile.
The Requester does not have access to your contact information until you accept a gig offer. At that time, the Requester may contact you by phone or text.
After you have accepted a gig, click the "En Route" button when you are on your way to the gig site. Once at the gig site, confirm you have arrived. This will notify the Requester that you have arrived and are ready to start work. Once the Requester confirms your arrival, they will then start the time clock. Whether the Requester meets with you, calls you, or texts you, it is up to the Requester to start the clock. Remember, you are free to contact the Requester if there is a delay after you select “Arrived”.
- Sign in to your account
- Click on the profile icon in the bottom right corner
- Click the category within your profile that you would like to edit.
- Edit the information accordingly. For example, to update your mobile number, click on the "About Me" category, click on the mobile number, and update as necessary
- Tap the "Save Changes" button to save your information
Having a profile that's complete helps improve your chances of getting a gig offer.
As a Worker, make sure to fill out as many profile categories with as much information as possible. Note that at the top of your profile, you will be able to see your profile strength.
To upload your profile picture, follow these steps:
- Tap the "About Me" category in your profile and tap the orange camera icon
- Select if you would like to take a new picture or choose an existing image
- Select the image you would like to use as your profile picture, the image will load into the profile image circle
- Pick whether you would like your profile picture to be public or private
- If editing your existing profile picture, tap the "Save Changes" button
To change your password, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your account
- Tap on the profile icon in the bottom right corner
- Tap on the "Account Settings" profile category
- Enter your current password, enter a new password, and then confirm the new password
- Click "Save Changes"
If you are unable to remember your current password and have signed up for an account, follow these steps:
- Open the application (Get Gigs)
- Tap the "Log In/Create Account" button
- Click the "Log In" button
- Tap "Forgot Password"
- Enter the email address associated with your account
- Tap "Continue"
- Navigate to your inbox and open the "Reset Your GigSmart Get Gigs Password" email
- Click the link in the email
- Enter a new password and then confirm the new password
- Tap "Change Password"
If you still have issues after that, simply contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you're hired for a gig, the Requester's contact information will become available on the app and you are able to call and text.
GigSmart monitors your location to notify you of gigs in your area. Your location monitoring can be turned off at any time, however, the app will be unable to notify you of gig offers.
Are you sure you want to delete your account? We cannot reactivate it once deleted. You must have an account to be available for gigs. If you want to permanently delete your account, please contact support at email@example.com. Please let us know why you’re deleting your account – if there’s anything we can do to make your experience on GigSmart better, we want to know!
When you create your account, you will be prompted to verify your mobile number via an SMS confirmation code.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone from the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
To ensure that your GigSmart account is secure, follow these best practices to be proactive:
- Select a strong, complex password that contains 1 number, 1 special character, 1 capital letter, and is at least 8 characters
- Change your password every few months
- Don't use the same password for all of your accounts; pick a unique password
- Never give your passwords to others
- Be wary of suspicious links, even if they come from someone you know
- Report any inappropriate content or safety concerns you see so that GigSmart can be as vigilant as possible
Make sure you have entered your email address correctly. If you are unable to remember your current password and have signed up for an account using an email address, follow these steps:
Open the app
If you still have issues after that, simply contact our team at email@example.com.
Report any message that goes against GigSmart’s content policies and guidelines by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report a message if you notice any of the following:
- A Requester asking for personal information that you normally wouldn’t share
- A Requester asking you to contact or forward money to an outside party
- A Requester asking you to wire funds via Western Union, MoneyGram, or another wire service
- A Requester who uses a different email address or phone number other than the one they shared in their request
- A Requester asking you to provide a different payment method than the one you provided
- An offer to pay more for your services to allow you to pay other professionals
Following gig request and acceptance, both parties have the ability to contact each other via phone and text. The address for the gig will be available to you, but your home address will always remain private.
No, the amount paid to you by the Requester will be equal to the time worked multiplied by the hourly rate. Both parties have the ability to end the gig at any time and complete the transaction.
- There are multiple ways to apply to Posted Gigs
- On the home screen map, tap on the blue GigSmart map pins
- Go to the "Home" tab and click the "Apply to Gigs" button on the top of the screen
- In the "Gigs" section, tap the "Available" tab
ASAP Gigs are gigs that Requesters need filled as quickly as possible. These are on-demand gigs. You will only receive notifications for ASAP gigs if you are marked as “Available”.
Scheduled gigs are gigs that Requesters need filled anywhere from a few hours to 30 days after the request goes out.
Posted gigs allow a Requester to post a gig that Workers can apply to if it matches their skills and availability. It allows the Requester to pick the perfect applicant for the gig.