Hire the Best Accountant for Your Business Needs
As your business continues to flourish and expand, the need for an accountant that knows how to crunch the numbers to keep your finances in check becomes increasingly apparent. Finding a good accountant for your needs can be simple when you use GigSmart Get Workers to expand your search and gain access to a pool of thousands of qualified professionals who offer accounting services for you or your business.
What Does an Account Do?
While they can have a number of different tasks and responsibilities, at a high level, accountants are professionals who compile, analyze, prepare, and audit financial statements for your business. Among different duties that can include bookkeeping, they also make sure all your finances are being handled efficiently, lawfully, and compliant with any tax requirements and government regulations. They are highly trained individuals who are familiar with tax laws and can help you stay on course with your business plan and goals.
How to Find the Right Accountant for You
What are the needs of your business? Determining that is the first step to finding the right accountant for you. If your business is trying to break into its pertaining industry, finding someone who has experience within that industry can help bolster your business goals, and ultimately, your bottom line.
For work that is more long-term and involved, it may be beneficial to hire someone full-time as opposed to an hourly or part-time accountant. If your company’s finances are less complex and only require periodic maintenance and tax preparation, then a part-time accountant may be better suited for your business.
Draft a Thorough Job Post
Once you’ve determined what your business’s financial needs are, write up a job posting that fully explains what those needs are and what tasks will be required of them. Additional things to include:
- Frequency of communication you’ll be expecting and method(s) of communication
- Proficiency level required for tax or bookkeeping software that you currently use, if any
- Length of the project or if it’s an ongoing contract and hours expected to work
- State if a particular industry background is required or preferred
Questions to Ask During the Interview Process
You’re looking for a person who will handle the finances of your business, so you want to make sure that you trust both their character as well as their professional expertise. Ask questions that speak to both of these factors. Below are some things to consider as you prepare your questions:
- Relevant experience – Give them the opportunity to go into detail about their background, how long they’ve been in the field, the software they’ve used, etc.
- Familiarity with tax laws – You’ll want someone who has a good understanding of tax laws and can help find deductions your business can take advantage of and keep you compliant with IRS guidelines.
- Test their knowledge – Give them a specific situation your business is encountering to see what kind of solution they come up with. This can help gauge how they work and how well their process aligns with the needs of your business.
Why Does Your Business Need an Accountant?
A good accountant will analyze your business and identify areas of improvement that can help increase your business’s cash flow. They’ll also help find different tax deductions your business is entitled to and make sure that your taxes are compliant with the IRS, giving you the freedom to focus on other parts of the business. GigSmart makes it fast and easy to find the right accountant your business needs at the most affordable prices. Create a Get Workers account and get started today.